The 1200m² museum showcases an important collection of uniforms, vehicles, personal objects, arms, weapons. Many reconsitutions of Amercian and German service life dive you into the heart of the D-day story permitting a peep into the daily lives of all those who landed to liberate us and to whom we owe our profound respect. Superb archival photographs and explanatory notes on the landing at Omaha. Thematic signs depicting all the phases of the period of the occupation until the landing. At the end of the visit a film featuring veteran’s testimonies, will guide you through the story of the D-day landing on Omaha and Point du Hoc.
All various items belonging to soldiers, many of which are personal and were in everyday use. The Museum Collection has been richly endowed and is constantly evolving. The museum is adapted to the children.
- 15 february to 15 march: 10 am to 12.30 pm – 2.30 pm to 6 pm.
- 16 march to 15 may: 9.30 am to 6.30 pm.
- 16 may to 15 september: 9.30 am to 7 pm
- July and August open from: 9.30 to 7.30 pm
- 16 september to 15 november: 9.30 am to 6.30 pm.
Last admission 1 hour before closing time.
Musée Mémorial d'Omaha Beach