external_video
Hannes Trautloft's picture
Shared by Hannes Trautloft
0
 Lieutenant) March 28, 2016

Tirpitz was the second of two Bismarck-class battleships built for Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine (navy) during World War II. Named after Grand Admiral Alfred von Tirpitz, the architect of the Kaiserliche Marine (Imperial Navy), the ship was laid down at the Kriegsmarinewerft Wilhelmshaven in...read more

0

This Semovente da 75/18 M41 was employed by the post-war Italian Army. It was restored in 2005 by the Oto Melara. It is now housed in this company's museum at La Spezia. It is in running order.

According to ...read more

4
external_video
Fighter Command's picture
Shared by Fighter Command
0
 Lieutenant) March 16, 2016

This is a video of the Palm Springs Air Museum's rare Bell P-63 Fighter. The P-63 was a further development of Bell's P-39 Airacobra. The P-63 saw very little use by the US Army Air Forces, none in a combat role. However, the Soviet Union used them quite extensively in WWII principally in the...read more

0
article
Chindit's picture
Shared by Chindit
0
 Lieutenant) March 16, 2016
1

This month marks 75 years since the United States launched its Lend-Lease program to supply the Allies with much-needed war materiel for the fight against Hitler. Downplayed by the Soviet Union, the program was of vital importance to the USSR’s war effort, as...read more

4
1

As early as October 1940 aircraft designer Willy Messerschmitt proposed to Ernst Udet, Chief of Air Armaments, that the Luftwaffe should procure "tank-carrying gliders". The first technical proposal for such a plane was produced in November of the same year...read more

5
1

The Sd.Kfz. 247 was an armored command car used by the German Armed Forces during World War II. The 58 four-wheeled models (Ausf. B), were built during the war. The proper name was schwerer geländegängiger...read more

5
1

During World War II, the War Department made many  "Field Manuals", which are issued to soldiers for everything from how to operate a rifle to radio equipment, first aid etc. 

Maybe, you didn't know that...read more

0
1

The “88” was designed by Krupp engineers in Sweden in cooperation with Swedish Bofors. In the Spanish Civil War (1936-39), the German Condor Legion deployed a mobile flak detachment with 88s, which proved accurate and versatile in combat. The...read more

5
1

The Battle of Stalingrad was one of the largest and deadliest battles in World War II. It was a turning point in the war. The Sixth Army, under the command of Field Marshal Friedrich Paulus went into battle with 675 Tanks of various models. ...read more

5
external_video
DDIke's picture
Shared by DDIke
3
 HQ Batallón) February 22, 2016

The Eastern Front stretched for 1,400 kilometers, from the Arctic Circle in the North, to Crimea in the South, and flashpoints changed all through the war as the two adversaries probed each other and fought over the same increasingly devastated territory. This heatmap shows the major battles of...read more

0

Pages

Subscribe to 1943