Order of Battle: Pacific is coming on April 30, on PC. Order of Battle: Pacific features playable campaigns for both US-led Allies and Japanese Empire. Starting from the attack on Pearl Harbor, the dynamic campaign system allows players to alter the course of history and win the war as Japan or lead Allied forces to ultimate victory with the invasion of Japan.
“Our armament must be adequate to the needs, but our faith is not primarily in these machines of defense but in ourselves.” (Chester W. Nimitz – US Fleet Admiral)
The Pacific Ocean: more than 160 million square kilometers of water. December 1941 - On one side the Imperial Japanese Navy with more than 400 ships and 1750 planes. On the other, the US Pacific Fleet with more than 200 vessels and hundreds of planes. An intense and merciless hide and seek game is about to start on the world’s largest ocean!
In Order of Battle: Pacific, players will be able to take command of both nations in a dynamic series of campaigns for supremacy in this strategic Theater of Operations. Iconic battles will be featured, but the performance of the players will directly influence the course of each campaign. Only commanders who know how to effectively combine land, air and naval units will have the chance to plant their flag on the multiple Pacific Islands.
Order of Battle: Pacific has now an official release date, as the game will be available on April 30! Developer The Artistocrats are now working on the final details to ensure a safe and successful ceremonial ship launching, later this month.
Set during in Pacific theater of WW2, Order of Battle: Pacific features playable campaigns for both the US-led Allies and the Japanese Empire. Starting from the attack on Pearl Harbor, the dynamic campaign system allows players to alter the course of history and win the war as Japan in the fictional “what-if” conquest of Australia, or lead the Allied forces from the struggle at the beginning of the war to ultimate victory with the invasion of Japan.
With a selection of over 500 unique looking and behaving units, players can build and manage their army and fleet throughout the campaign. Early units include the iconic M3 Stuart, Type 97 Chi-Ha, A6M Zero and F4U Corsair fighters. As new technology becomes available, players eventually gain access to high-tech and prototype units such as the Nakajima Kikka and P-80 Shooting Star jet-fighters, Montana and Super Yamato Class battleships and T28, T29 and Type 100 I/O heavy tanks.
A unique system of Specializations allows players to customize their forces with special units, bonuses and abilities that reflect the difference in strategies and mentality of the opposing sides. Focus on the merciless Japanese fighting spirit with Banzai Charge and Bushido Code, establish supply advantages with the Tokyo Express, or gain access to B29 Nuclear Bombers through the Manhattan Project.
A set of unique Commanders – split between Generals, Pilots and Captains – is gradually unlocked in the campaigns. Commanders can be attached to specific units to provide unique bonuses to anything in their command range. While good use of unit types and tactics remains the player's priority, clever use of Commanders can tip the balance in an offensive operation or buy just enough time in defense to turn the tide to your favor.
Add an intuitive in-game scenario editor, up to 4 player multiplayer support through Hotseat or Slitherine's PBEM++ server system and you have a game with endless re-playability.
- Classic turn based, hex based gameplay with an intuitive UI and great depth.
- Play as the Japanese or Allies in 3 dynamic campaigns with unit carryover and multiple "what-if" scenarios including the Japanese invasion of Australia!
- A rich 3D world with detailed animations and effects. Turn based wargaming has never looked this good!
- 20 different Specializations give a unique feel to each sides including Banzai Charge, Bushido Code and even the Manhattan Project.
- Over 500 different units, including infantry, tanks, ships and aircraft, each with unique visuals and animations
- Attach unique commanders to your units to give them additional offensive and defensive bonuses
- A deep but intuitive supply system allowing breakthroughs & encirclements.
- 4 player multiplayer over PBEM++ and hotseat, supporting last-man-standing, teamplay and cooperative against AI scenarios.
- An extensive, user-friendly in-game scenario editor with a what-you-see-is-what-you-get design.