This Tiger II with hull number 280243 was built in September 1944. The turret number 332 is from s.SS Pz.Abt. 501. It was abandoned near Trois-Ponts, and was captured by the US Army on 24 December 1944. The left side was cut open for educational purposes at the Aberdeen Proving Ground in the late 1940s. This tank left Fort Knox on 14 December 2010, en route to the proposed US Army armour museum at Fort Benning, United States. Now is on display in this museum.
In this video, Len Dyer of the National Armor and Cavalry Restoration Center discusses the properties and prowess of the German King Tiger Heavy Tank.