It is a vehicle with a very interesting story. Produced in 1940, was one of the 308 vehicles of the type H (PzKpfw III Ausf. H armed with a 5 cm KwK 38 L / 42). Over time, the 5 cm ceased to fulfill the requirements of the front and early types PzKpfw III began to withdraw from the front. They were replaced by PzKpfw IV, Panthers and Tigers. Withdrawal from the front, however, German Army did not mean to get rid of the tank. After production stopping PzKpfw III tank in August 1943, began the reconstruction of the earlier types of tanks to the final type N (PzKpfw III Ausf. N armed with 7.5 cm KwK 37 L / 24). A total of 68 tanks were rearmed.
In half of 1944, the Panzer Abteilung 211 went to Norway. In May 1945, all the tanks of the Panzer Abteilung 211 wer taken over by the British, and then transmitted to the Norwegians. After several years of being withdrawn from active service, 3 copies of tanks PzKpfw III was converted from fixed shelters at the airport in Bardufoss. Were poured over them tens of tons of concrete. They remained forgotten, when they were discovered under a thick layer of concrete.
This tank was transferred from Norway to Poland in September 2013. This year, the restoration process has started.