Here's a look at the game's components. Following on the success of No Retreat! Where the Russian Front of World War II beckons, and then taking the action to the African Front, and then the French Front, game designer Carl Paradis presents the fourth chapter in this game series, No Retreat 4: The Italian Front.
Italian Front Scenario Listing
- Regular Game: The 1943/45 full campaign. Both players will choose a “Campaign Plan” that will instruct them as to their general objectives; there is a chance that one could also be imposed by the game system in case of failure! A players’ “switch of sides” could also occur because of the plans or player’s will. The outcome of the Sicily mini-game can be linked to this scenario. Players can also change the Strength of the Armies and rate of reinforcements
- Historical Game: The 1943/45 full campaign, but with the Plan choices limited to the more historically plausible alternatives. No switch of sides can occur. The Sicily mini-game is not used.
- Short Early game: The first part of the 1943/45 campaign. Only the Southern Italian maps will be used, and the game will end in Early 1944 (historically after the Anzio invasion petered out).
- Short Late game: The second part of the 1943/45 campaign. Only the Northern Italian maps will be used, and the game will Start where the previous “Early game” scenario stops, and continues until the end of the war in 1945..
- Sicily Game: This mini-game can be played “stand alone” or linked to the Regular Game Scenario. It also makes for an excellent fast-playing Tournament scenario.
More about this Wargame at: No Retreat! The Italian Front 'Deluxe Edition' will be released soon! by GMT Games
Nation in war: