In Alexeyevka, Belgorod Oblast, Russia, on public display, there is an old ISU-152 Tank Destroyer. Around mid-1943 the Soviet army had the assault gun SU-152. It was a mounted ML-20 152mm howitzer-gun fixed on top of a KV-1S tank chassis. It was intended for use against German fortifications like machine gun nests, pillboxes and reinforced buildings. Later, when the Joseph Stalin IS tank chassis became available production of this assault gun shifted to using this tank. It was renamed ISU-152.