Shared by Chindit (
0 Lieutenant) November 11, 2014
Description at the National Archives:
- Part 1: 8th AAF fighters strafe enemy planes in France.
- Part 2 (CB only): Shows "luxuries" at a 7th Army rest camp in France: beds, new clothes, games, skiing, dancing, etc.
- Part 2 (CB Part 3): General Montgomery, General W.H. Simpson, and General J.B. Anderson confer on tactics. LCM's are unloaded in Holland, carried overland on trucks, and used for practice on the Meuse River. Paratroops stage a practice jump. Various amphibious vessels cross the Rhine (CB Reel 2). Gliders land near Wesel, Germany. Shows advances by the 1st and 3rd Armies, the 4th Armored Division, and the 1st Division. A pontoon bridge is built and used. Shows restoration of the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen and (SFR Reel 2) rescue scenes after its collapse (March 17).
- Part 3 (SFR only): Shows tests of the Navy jet fighter FR1. Also shows a jet assisted take off.
- Part 4 (CB only): The British jet plane Gloucester Meteor is tested.
- Part 5 (SFR Part 4): Demonstrates the M-69 incendiary aerial bomb. Bombs are assembled at the Mays Landing (New Jersey) Arsenal and tested by dropping at the Edgewood (Maryland) Arsenal.
- Part 6 (Reel 3; SFR Part 5): Chinese troops occupy Lashio, Burma (March 7). General Sultan views the destroyed railroad yards. Shows damage and airfield repairs. British troops battle for Mandalay.
- Part 7 (SFR Part 6, Reel 3): Marines fight at Mt. Suribachi on Okinawa.
- Part 8 (SFR Part 7): Carrier planes strafe the Ryukyu's. Japanese planes attack the task force, some are downed.
Department of Defense - Department of the Army - Office of the Chief Signal Officer - "Combat Bulletin" Program Series - National Archives Identifier
In the same category
Same author contributions