The Battle of Britain fighters – legends that saved a nation from tyranny. Was it the hard work if the Hurricane which flew more than 75% of the sorties, or was it the charisma and iconic symbol of the Spitfire that inspired a nation? Find out how they compare and how they work at the Battle of Britain Ground School.
This two-day technical ground school will offer inside technical and operational information on two of the most important fighters involved in the Battle of Britain; the Hawker Hurricane & Supermarine Spitfire.
Your instructors are seasoned warbird pilots, current on types with valuable insights you won’t find in a book. Students will get in-depth instruction and many valuable experiences including:
- Aircraft Technical Systems
- Engine, Hydraulics, Controls, Instrumentation & Armament
- Aircraft Handling and Flying Characteristics
- Aircraft History – historical Canadian significance of type
- Thorough “walk-around” and cockpit familiarization
- Private tour of Vintage Wings of Canada collection & facility
- Meet and talk flying with Vintage Wings warbird pilots
- Warbird Ground School Certificate
- Professional cockpit photograph of you and your “warbird”
- 09:00 - 17:00 both Saturday & Sunday
- Rob Erdos, Mike Potter & Joe Cosmano
Vintage Wings of Canada