These are real view, real sounds and great perspectives of the Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-12 during its first take off and testflight in Fliegerhorst Bremgarten . She flys with a Daimler Benz DB 605 engine …the only one of its kind in the world!
Time stamp 25 seconds into the clip till 31 seconds before it disappears. You can see the quick climb and accerleration, it like shot up and across and was GONE!!!
The Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-12 was the two-seater trainer variant of the famous Gustav. The trainer version was a makeshift construct born in early 1944 out of a growing need to speed up young pilots' transition from school to combat aircraft. It only arrived at the end of the war, and curiously was the only trainer variant of the 109 produced for the Luftwaffe.
This was a conversion of "war-weary" or rebuilt G-4 and G-6 airframes; the space needed for the second cockpit was gained by reducing the internal fuel capacity to only 240 L (60 US gal) meaning that the 300 L (80 US gal) drop tank was employed as standard equipment.
This version was rarely armed with anything more than one or two cowling machine guns. The rear cockpit canopy was bowed out to give the instructor, who sat behind the student pilot in an armoured seat, a clearer view. The rear cockpit was also equipped with a basic instrument panel and all flight controls.