The Tunisia Campaign (Battle of Tunisia), November 17, 1942 – May 13, 1943:
- A tank-artillery team stands on alert. This kind of unit -- a 105mm. howitzer mounted on a half-track -- has proved a 'winning combination,' according to Army experts, in ground warfare in Tunisia.
- Camouflaged American artillery fires on German positions during Allied campaign in North Africa during WWII.
- American artillery, World War II, Tunisia, 1943.
- Covering two and a half ton truck with net after arrival at ammo dump near front. Ammo is moved to artillery at night. Ammo is 105mm in clover leaf (cluster of 3 shells).
- American gun crew in camouflaged emplacement awaiting orders to fire during the desert fighting between German and American forces in the El Guettar Valley, Tunisia, 1943.
- 9th Infantry Division’s Field Artillery men in action in Tunisia.
Eliot Elisofon—Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images - http://life.time.com/ - http://9thinfantrydivision.net/
In the same category
Same author contributions